 Technic / 13221
Re: 8865 and 8475
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:06:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Keith Hui wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:
Are those the RC Motors tucked in there somewhere?

If so, which axel hole are you driving it with?

http://sparky.i989.net/legop4.htm

Anyway, it was fun--I'll bring it to the hobby show

Dave K

Once agian I made the mistake of using hte 'higher speed' one, just like the
last robot event.

IN the 8448 that was just fine, but these are bigger tyres and a heavier
chassis, so it takes a little bit to get up to speed.

You can barely see' em, but in the 'underside' shot, you can see the RC motors
at hte back.

So which hole did you use when you RC'd your 8466?

I used the bottom 'slower' one for the 8466

I still couldn't totally duplicate your setup with mine built with the main
chassis...

... because the RC motor won't clear some other parts of the car.

I did this mod a long time ago, but from what I remember, I got rid of the dark
grey liftarms and pointed the motors towards the front.  I can't remember what
other modifications I had to do to the chassis to make the motors fit, but I
remember there being a few.

I see that your steering setup looks better than mine--I ended using chain links
to connect the steering out of the control unit to the steering axle.  That put
alotta 'play' into the steering system--my 8466 wasn't good at driving straight
because of it.

(Not that it worked that well either)

Yeah, but its fun :)  Keep up the great work!

Keith

Dave K