 Technic / 13211
  Re: Crab steering idea

(...) There's a couple of problems with that technique: The clutch gear has a lot of inherent backlash, which will make the steering not very responsive you have to make sure the wheels are centred when you switch the clutch to get back to straight (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Crab steering idea

Ross- I have designed the gearing mechanism for the crab steering. It is a redesigned version of my original crab steer design. As per your questions about this; 1) I understand the clutch gear has a backlash. I have tried to fix this problem by (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)