 Technic / 13136
Re: Piston for Telescopic Handler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 02:01:56 GMT

The Bimba cylinder works well with legos if you adapt it to lego using short
lego pneumatic hoses and pneumatic "lines."  When I found this piston, the ports
were threaded holes, which were apparently made for Bimba's threaded ports.
Instead of using those, I put lego pneumatic hoses into the holes (which were
almost exactly the same diameter) and then pushed a line through the hose. This
expanded the diameter of the hose for a tight fit that sealed the hole.  I also
had to buy a few nuts for the threaded end of the piston rod.  Would pictures
make this easier to understand?  Let me know, and I can post them on brickshelf.
I have not found out yet how to put pictures on this site.

Nathan