 Technic / 13091
Re: Mars rover motorized
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 04:27:54 GMT

Of course, its possible to put the RCX into it, because all the motor stuff
is at the bottom of the chassi.
I am really not good with the finishing of my projects, but i will try hard
to put the solar panels in it.

The main goals I achieve in this project:

- Right gear mesh to control the steering by RC Unit (it was not so easy. If
to tight, the whels won´t turn too much. If loose, the Servo makes that
terrible noise (TrackTrackTrackTrack....). This one fit perfectly.

- Good motor speed and power. More than I expect from mars rover to be in
speed. Power enough to drive over carpet and rug without aditional effort.
(the second motor help a lot)

- Integration with light a wireless camera: Although this is non LEGO
elements, i ensure that put the toy in a really new dimension. (drive the
rover over all the house, seated in front of a TV wathing and hearing
everything. My kids just loved that!)

So, i hope you may, if you wish, experiment another ideas of this concept to
bring more funcionality and design to this project. Just now i can´t figure
some cool experiment to do with th RCX int it. Any idea?

Patrick Levy

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> escreveu na mensagem
In lugnet.technic, Patrick Levy wrote:
People, I do know that a lot of people is interested in put some motor • in
the 7471 (mars rover) model.

Specifically, people have been interested in building an RCX into the • base, as
there were supposedly hints that this sort of modification was kept in • mind
during the design process.  I remember seeing a few people post that this
requires a lot more structural tweaking than originally expected, though.

Here is my final project with this kit and the RC Unit from (8475 Race
Buggy) implemented. Also I put some light and a wireless camera.

http://200.221.112.39:6080/lego/

Please tell me if you do like it.

RC, huh?  Well, a programmable RCX would be especially neat because you'd • be
able to give it simple routines to run through on its own like the NASA
operators do, but RC is probably a lot more fun for those of us who hate • being
back-seat drivers and would much rather have our hands directly on the • steering
wheel.  My big question is where all of the solar panels went.  Without • those,
it's barely recognizable as the Mars Rover (it actually looks a bit more • like
the little Sojourner).