 Technic / 1306
Re: Availability of Pole Reverser, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:40:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

William M. Leue wrote:

I notice that packed with my Lego 8002 Droid kit was a model 1998 Service
catalog, listing many hard-to-find parts, including my "holy grail", the
6551 Electric Pole Reverser, which has, for some strange reason, been
renumbered as 5120 in this catalog.

The back of this 1-sheet folded catalog includes many national flags,
showing where to order parts in various countries. The flag of the United
States is conspicuously absent.

Does anyone know the reason for Lego being (apparently) unwilling to create
a spare parts ordering facility for the U.S, given the fact that such a
service appears to be readily available in most European countries, New
Zealand, etc?

Also, does anyone know of a source for the 6551 (5120) Electric Pole Reverser
switch? It was included in the 8082 set, but I don't know of others.

-Bill Leue

You order spare parts like that from s&h I believe. The s&h catalog should list
the stuff that is available.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com