 Technic / 13057
  New MOC: large crane

Hi, After working on it for one year (on and off), I've finished a large, crawler crane. Read all about it here (scroll past my minifig crane to the bottom of the page): (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: New MOC: large crane

(...) finished! I like the use of technic turntables for the crawler sprockets. Did you also use a technic turntable for the slew ring? ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: large crane

(...) Hi ROSCO, The slew ring uses a roller bearing based on the what-you-ma-call-it-...big-wheels wheels. For some strange reason it did not occur to me to use one wheel and then have a flat surface on the bottom of the upper works, so the ring is (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: large crane

(...) Hey that is spectacular. Big Big Big. Awesome how you used technic turntables for the tread drives. Nice solution. The height is impressive as is the cable guides and technic structure throughout. Great job! e (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: large crane

(...) As others have noticed, the sprocket gears on the crawlers are great! Nicely done. -TJ (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: large crane

Hi David, I just saw your description of the amazing crane you have managed to create. Great job, and very nice use of large turntables. I hope to see more details of the crane in the future, good luck. Best regards from Denmark, Anders Gaasedal (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: large crane

(...) Hi Anders and All, I'm working on an updated page for the crane. I've got some pictures of it setup at my office (it was up for an entire week), including a 2.5KG lift. I also want to take some pictures of the 6 modules that make up the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: large crane -- Update!

(...) The update is finally up on the web at (URL) crane will be shown for the first time in public on October 9th at the next BayLUG meeting (details here: (URL) I plan on taking a series of pictures showing the setup process. Greetings, David (20 years ago, 1-Oct-04, to lugnet.technic)