 Technic / 12775
RE: lego pneumatic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:01:28 GMT

Hi ,

According to the  http://www.fifth-r.com/cssoh1/actest.htm, a
mini-compressor (using a single small pump) is actually more efficient than
using double pump.   It said more efficient, but not generate higher output
though, correct???

http://www.fifth-r.com/cssoh1/compress/compdisc.htm produces a more
persuasive test.  However, it is not motorized. I wondered if there is
anyone who has done a comparison the acculumative power output in a more
extended period of time, say merely 30 seconds or so...

Reponding to Kevin:

> Will your car have a pneumatic engine?
Yes, I also want pneumatic steering.

> The large pump can run the engine with no externally
> controlled switches.
>
> Steering on the other hand would require control of two switches.

> Both pistons expanded could turn right.  Both pistons
> contracted could turn left.  One expanded and one contracted
> would go straight ahead.

I don't quite understand this...  But again, I am a newbie, I should read on
the pneumatic info first before I ask too many questions.