 Technic / 12774
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:27:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Riley wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

   I had to steal cams from my son, but I improved the geometry. I cannot figure out where all my cams went.......

Improved geometry.

http://www.kclague.net/SSCorpion/P6050011.JPG

I’ll test it soon.

That is just too cool! I hope it does well in your tests, it’s just too pretty not to... :-) Of course, I only have like 1/3 the pumps necessary to build it, so I’ll have to order two more and make the half-sided version.

Check with DACTA on their small pump/small piston service pack. They are about $10 and you get pump, piston *and* hoses. For the same price you can get a pump only on bricklink.

Cheers,

Mark (almost overcooked one side of tri-tip roast ogling over the pictures! :-0)

Thanks for the positive feedback. Soory about the roast! LOL! I really like the look. Unfortunatly the initial results are disappointing.

I have to build a small pump tester, because it is my belief that a few of my small pumps are faulty...... I’ve tried small pumps in the past (trying to run them as fast as possible), and they stopped working so well. I think the seals aren’t so robust.

I need to come up with some benchmarks: maximum deliverable pressure, leakage..... and others.

On the as fast as possible compressors the pumps got *very* hot..... which is why I was shooting for six small pumps per large pump, just to keep the pump rate low enough to keep the heat down.

The RC racer motors have no problem cranking the rotary compressor around, but my inchworm makes it for about one complete walk cycle and then just hangs. The compressor keeps running, but nothing happens to the inchworm. I must have a leak.

Kevin