 Technic / 12730
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Keep in mind, with 1 piston, half the time you are doing no work, and half the
time you are doing a bunch of work.  So, you should test 2 large vs 12 small.

This means that we're only compressing three of the faces at a time and
therefore the peak force required in the small pump compressor is less.  This
means that a given motor and its maximum torque capabilities should be able to
drive the pressure higher, because the peak torque requirement is lower.

That's what I was trying to say above.  Sometimes, I think faster than I type,
so all the details don't make it to my fingers...

Yes, adding pistons at various angles will help even out the "work" required.
So, 2 large pistions at 180 degrees should be compared to 12 small pistons,
at... well... spread around the circle.  (30 degrees?)

Or, you could compair 6 to 1 by NOT spreading the six around.

I think the best bet is to try to compare 2 large to 12 small.