 Technic / 12635
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 14:21:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Steve,
  What are all the responsibilities of the spybot, and the two RCXs.

The main responsibility of the Spybot is to process IR commands from the remote.
That will give us the ability to control SSC via remote.

The Spybot has two built-in motors.  Those can control some auxiliary
(non-critical) function, like open/close the claw (one motor, each claw)

  One of the RCX's must control the two motors that cause forward/backward mux
and turning mux.  Another motor for sideways.

Yes. RCX outputs:
A) Direction (forward/backward or right/left)
B) Switch between walk and turn
C) Switch between (B) and side-step
D) Start/Stop State Machine (halt walking)
E) Curl tail?

RCX Inputs:
1) Light sensor 1 from state machine piston (reads 3 possible state)
2) Light sensor 2 from state machine
3) Touch sensor from front foot 1
4) Touch sensor from front foot 2
5) Rotation sensor from arm 1
6) Rotation sensor from arm 2

  Do you also need a motor to control the pneumatic claw?

  What else?

  Do the RCX's talk to each other using infra-red?

  Do the RCX's talk to the spybot using infra-red?

Yes, all three will communicate via IR.

We should be able to do it without the Spybot, but it adds some cool stuff.

Steve