 Technic / 12546
  Lego RC Set Questions

I’ve just received my first Lego RC set, 8366. I have a few questions: 1. The remote control has two small pedals, what are there for? 2. The battery/receiver unit has a gray power connector, what is it for? 3. Is it possible to connect the standard (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC Set Questions

(...) If I remember correctly (haven't had my RC out for a few months), 1 & 2 go together. That is, the two small pedals control any output that is connected to the gray power connector. As for attaching mini-motors, I have done that without having (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC Set Questions

(...) Thanks Elroy. Here is another one: How many RC motors can be connected to the battery/control unit without harming it? I was thinking about using 4 of them. Is there any sort of current limiter in the unit? Avi Parvin (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC Set Questions

(...) I don't believe that would be a good thing--connecting more than two motors to the output. During one of rtlToronto's events, one of the competitors had 4 motors connected. If I recall correctly, at the end of the competition, there was a (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC Set Questions - Overloading

(...) Talking of overdriving Lego electrical components, I once used a 9V pole reverser switch to connect 4 12V train motors on a robot to a 12V 6A power supply. The robot used the wheels from the Big Cat Truck and was so powerful that it would run (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego RC Set Questions - Overloading

(...) Standard RC car speed controllers are made to take from just a few amps to some as high as 500+ voltage wise they go from 6v to 24v I'm sure there is allot more but thats what I've seen. The speed controller in my Traxxas Emaxx for example is (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.technic)