 Technic / 12461
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:19:52 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
   I re-introduce myself into the fold. Reading, catching up. Meanwhile, what can you all tell me? What can I do? What’s going on?

Kevin how are you on parts?

Welcome back Eric. I’m fine on parts.

If you had a peek at my hip/leg prototypes, I was very happy with the hip sweep structure relative to stresses and strains, but not the leg strength with respect to horizontal stresses and strains.

As you can see, the only real requirement on the hip and leg is that we have two pneumatic switches per piston to instrument the piston state.

Feel free to prototype out some of your own designs.

I’ve been very busy (not on LEGO) getting things together for a community theater production of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”, and making sure I still have a job at Sun at the beginning of May.

Once we clear the theatrical stuff, I’ll get back to triple articulated hip/leg.

Kevin