 Technic / 12459
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:25:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

1 Spybot, for IR direction control.  This is mostly used as a sensor.

Question please.

The Spybot. That's for Directional Control.
Can you eloborate? I find this interesting.
I have conceived of possible contrivences, I'm interested in dicussing a method.
What would the Spybot's two motors trigger exactly?...to aid in directional
control?

It also needs to be in a line of sight with the RCX right?
What possible arrangement set ups could there be? /are best?
Where in/on the body is best?

What main factors need to be in play in order to utilize the Spybot?
ie, what main valve switches, sensors, motor/polarity/pnuematic reversors need
to be in alignment so the functions can be triggered or guided by the Spybot.
Does it come down to having the said controls ending up at the outputs of the
Sypbot? So ultimately, what should those master controls be?

Thoughts?

Ok, so first of all, the Spybots, although limited, have one VERY cool feature.
It's their IR capability.

They have three IR sensors, so they can detect the direction of an IR signal
from a controller, and/or another Spybot.  So, if you set a controller to beacon
mode, the Spybot can be programmed to follow it.

Basicly, I was thinking of using a Spybot as an external sensor for the main RCX
that's controlling SSClagorpion.  When the Spybot receives signals from the
controller, it can process them, and send commands (via IR) to the RCX.

As for using the motors (so they don't go to waste) they could be connected
directly to pneumatic valves that open and close the claws.

The RCXs should be facing the Spybot.  The Spybot can face any direction, but
should be in the same plane as the RCXs.

Just a thought. Having them in the Claws would be cool. It does alter the scale.
Or more so, it sets a certain scale range minimum.

I think it would be fine having a Spybot as the "head", connect two valves to
the motors, and only put the weight/size of a pneumatic cylinders in the claws.

Then the RCXs would be side-by-side in the neck/body of the beast.

We can use the Spybot remote
to send it commands, like "follow me" or "attack anything in front of you"

Refer to above, like I was asking, if you'll indulge me, what would you say in
your opinion is/are these funtions. What do they exactly refer to in the actual
design set up?

Well, pretty much whatever commands we want to send to it.  What do you want to
tell it to do?  :)

As I said, we can have it follow the remote (turn towards the remote and walk
forward) or tell it to "STOP", or go forward...