 Technic / 12379
Re: SSClagorpian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:11:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Brian Davis wrote:
Kevin L. Clague wrote:
  I think that the first step (pardon the pun), which is to prototype out a
strong pneumatic leg with two or three (side walking) degrees of freedom.

Yes, that's it! Kevin, Like you said, create the bestest strongest 2 or three
degree of movment prototype leg. Perfect it. We'll determine what parts you need
to build all the legs. As you work on the sequence routing and structures beyond
the leg so we can begin to join them centrally.

I want there to be a centralizing of compressors and others necc. switching
compenents located to the rear of the last set of legs in the back of the body.
This will serve to counter act the weight of the Arms.

So feel free to keep in mind the thorax and tail area are where your valve and
motor processes take place. Works out nice.

  We may want to be able to articulate the hips to help SSClagorpion posture for
the attach.

If you want to do that, create the legs to have two degrees of movment and I
link the upper part of the Legs you create to the main connection point of the
body with Technic Turntables. So the 3 degrees required for each leg will be
divided into 2 parts pnuematic and one part mechanically articulated.

I mean you could have all 3 degrees per leg, wow, that's insane! But that's the
point right? This is what is possible.

Consider the upper leg connection to be mechanical if you so choose.
your choice.

Kevin