 Technic / 12368
Re: SSCorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:22:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:

This is my first Co-build as well. But not my first multi-person project.
I have also witness first hand the success you both have had in working with
others and in your own projects.

I'm interested in unlocking my potential. I'm interested in synergy.

synergy.  cool.  :)

Ok, the way a Scorpion rears up and curls or extends its tail forward to sting
or threaten, wow, that requires some travel at the upper leg connection at the
body. It would be cool.

I hadn't really thougth about standing up on it's hind legs.  I don't know how
well it will work, but what if it were to sit down (front legs straight, back
legs fully retracted) then, start straightning legs from the front to the back.
The net effect would (could) be to stand up on it's rear legs & tail.

Nice trick for a dog.  Great trick for a scorpion.  :)

The balance would need to be just right, and the back legs would need to be
strong enough to lift the whole robot.  If we can do it, it would be great.

Steve