 Technic / 12328
    Whining about studless parts - Was: Pneumatics book? —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Can you really blame this on studless parts, given that many others *have* made worthwhile designs? Perhaps your prejudice against studless parts is preventing you from creating a worthwhile design. I have made a few worthwhile (IMHO) designs (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Whining about studless parts - Was: Pneumatics book? —David Laswell
   (...) I'm not sure how good an idea that is. Not the incorporation of BIONICLE parts thing, but the specific use of the socket joints. They're designed to work with friction, and I'd think that extended use of a motor would tend to wear them out (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Whining about studless parts - Was: Pneumatics book? —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) David, I'm not working on this issue because it is a good or bad idea, I'm on personal mission. I agree that that over time the friction would get reduced by wear. In fact though this wear will be a good thing. I have tried using gearboxes and (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic)