 Technic / 12248
Re: Question from a beginner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:48:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Anthony Sava wrote:
I have a question to all you technic gurus out there.  I've looked around Lugnet
for a good half hour or so without any luck, but maybe I'm not looking in the
right places.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Technic!

So I guess I should be specific to what I now have:
2847 9v Battery Box
2838 9v Motor
9v Connecting lead of quite some length

But I also want a few lights in my display.  After all, being a medieval builder
I'd like some fireplaces to light up.  I've been told by a friend that it is
possible to daisy chain light bricks, even motors, so I'm hoping that my one
battery box will be sufficiant.

So on to my question:

How many light bricks can I add to my MOC, using the 2838 9v Motor and 2847 9v
Battery Box before I see a signifigant drop in performance or hurt my electric
parts?

I'm not looking to light up a city block here, but my MOC will require a minimum
of two light bricks, and I was hoping to tack on a third.

So to clarify:  Is it possible/safe to attach three light bricks and one 9v
motor to a 9v battery box?

Thanks much in advance!  I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already
been answered somewhere.

Now all I gotta do is figure out how I'm going to raise the money to buy my
light bricks and leads (and another battery box if I have to)

--Anthony

Anthony,

  I don't know how many you can put on the box, but I would guess that three
lights hooked in parallel (the easy way to hook itup), should be fine on one
battery box.

Kevin