 Technic / 1224
RE: Technic Sets to Use for Educational Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:40:03 GMT

Based on your description of the course, I think each group should have a 9735
and a 8462.  Total group price is $281.  You get pneumatics, motors, sensors,
programmability (which is probably a requirement for a college level course) and
a wide variety of pieces.

Hmmm, don't forget to add the cost of the HandyBoard in there. Now you're looking
at the cost of a RIS plus a any one of the kits Wes mentioned.

There is a little known kit called 89609 from Dacta/Pitsco called Technology
Resource Set with 1733 parts including wheels, beams, etc for about $200.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com