 Technic / 11997
Re: Lego Trebuchet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:57:11 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Erik Bush wrote:
Hey,

Cool, Very Cool!  I think the overall design of the trebuchet is great.

Thanks :) It was a fun project.

If I am
not mistaken I think that you can reduce the "rolling" that the trebuchet makes
if you make the weight hinged at the end rather than having it fixed.  This will
make your projectiles fly farther.

Actually in real scale test of trebuchets that were the same size as the old
medieval ones it was determined that the rolling did not hurt the distance. It
just tended to put less stress on the arm/trebuchet in general.

Here is a link to a picture of a hinged lego
trebuchet, (I didn't build this)

http://www.weirdrichard.com/images/wbbtre2.jpg

Yup, I saw that site while I was looking around.

Good luck and be sure to put more pictures up!

I will try but I'm not sure if there will be more or not. Might just wait tell I
eventually build another version.

Daron