 Technic / 11987
Re: Purpose of part 32072
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:24:53 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
Hi,

anybody understands real purpose of part 32072:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32072
I built backhoe yesterday and I still don't get it, why they haven't
used something more traditional there? It would have been 'slower'? Is
something like that used in the real world?

One use that I have found for that part is when you need a setup that will move
one gear in a linear direction and at different points it will mesh with other
gears for different outputs. Part 32072 works well for this because it is so
easy to mesh with another 32072. Unfortulently I did not have enough to finish
my design, so now I'm having to using a differential gear setup.