 Technic / 11771
Re: Pneumatic hoses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:52:36 GMT

Hi Morten,

for the interconnection of a pneumatic remote control with the model I use the
isolation tube of the cables used for the electric installation of a house. It
has a cross section of 1.5 mm^2.
The isolation fits perfectly and air tight in the Lego hoses. That are not as
expandable and their inner diameter is smaller than that of Lego's hoses. This
is an advantage as the balloon effect over great distances, i.e. useless air
consumption, is minimized.

With a little bit of caution I was able to get pieces of about 2 meters.
Compared with silicone tubes this is very cheap and I am very satisfied with
this solution. You can buy it in nearly every building center / DIY store.

Greetings
   Thomas