 Technic / 11674
  New Years Resolution Runner

hey guys, I know everyone loves making walking bots. Cudos to all the walker developers... take a bow. But I know that Kevin C. and I have on occasion talked about what it would take to make an actual running LEGO bot. Lets open up a discussion for (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) Sounds like a fun challenge! I'm up for it. Good luck! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

Travis's utterance expressed in news:Hoy8Mv.woE@lugnet.com: (...) And we agree that the correct definition for "running" is that at no time two feet are touching the ground? And that at one time beteen two steps there are _no_ contavt with the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) In my mind, running means all feet off the ground, no matter how many feet the walker has. I did not assume bipedalism. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) Well by that defintion, simply flipping one of your many walkers upsidedown would make it "running" :) I actually studied quadraped running back in 1981 when I was writing a game on an Apple ][+ for a graphic dog-racing simulation/game. I (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HoyzK6.15ox@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) I seem to recall that somebody has made a hopping robot already? Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) You got me there :^) (...) Yes. This is what I've seen in slow motion of cheetahs. Plenty of arching/flexing in the back also. (...) I was assuming motor and battery pack, but when pumped hard enough pedmatic nearly runs. Large pistons are too (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) How about using Lego shock absorbers? (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) I've just built a prototype motorized quadraped as a design study to see how feasible a design like this is. It uses rubber bands on the legs to give some spring, and its motion is a bit like a bucking bronco, with both the front and rear legs (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) Update: I've improved my quad design, and now it bounces off of all four legs and leaves the ground for short periods of time. The downside is that it's pretty erratic, but with some tweaking, I might be able to get a decent bounding gait. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic)