 Technic / 11634
Re: modified 4185s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:36:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima wrote:
I'm currently working on a project that needs a lot of Technic Wedge Belt
Wheels (4185) that can freely spin.  I realize that modifying Lego parts is
a sin.  But other people such as TJ Avery have done this modification.  So
i thought that it would be ok as long as i did the modification the correct
way.  The following pictures show the end result, the intended use, and the
process used to do the modification.

the pictures can be found on
brickshelf:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63718

Looks like the beginnings of a nice crane! Glad you found use for some of my
ideas.

Your mod to the pulley is quite interesting. Let us know how the bored-out
wheels perform. It could be a better method than using a drill press. I've had
many problems with using a press and not getting the drilled hole to line up
concentrically with the original hole.

Keep us posted on your progress with this project!

best,
TJ