 Technic / 1159
Re: Multi-piece decals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 01:30:24 GMT

Too funny, I was thinking of posting the same question.  As of yet, I have not
applied any of these multi-part stickers.  Rather, I just have set them aside
until I decide what to do.  I am trying to decide whether to:

a) Just leave them off, or

b) Apply them to the bricks and consider the bricks married together for life,
using some sort of connector to keep them from moving and ruining the sticker.

I had not thought of your idea about cutting the sticker, so I spz that gives
me an option (c) -- gee, thanks :-).

Tx, +Z+

In lugnet.technic, Mike Clemens writes:
In lugnet.technic, Christopher Jeris writes:
How do you deal with decals that span more than one piece?
I first encountered this on my 8445 Indy Storm, and resigned myself to
cutting the decal in half with a razor knife.  Do any of you have a better
solution?

Don't affix them in the first place.  :-)  Seriously, I've never liked the
decals, and always go through a little "sticker shock" when I'm asked to place
them across a span of bricks.  *shudder*

Are you looking to permanantly remove them?  There's a product called "Goo • Gone"
that is pretty handy for removing labels and such from just about everything.
Check your local drugstore or supermarket... or swing by Target and check for
clearance items, too.  :-)

- Mike