 Technic / 11317
  South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

Ever wondered what else you can do with the differential gear in your LEGO Mindstorms set? Well, here is a model to build to show off your differential gear. It's the key element in this contraption. (URL) thought of but daren't cross-post to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) matter which way the chariot goes? That's wonderful! ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) This was one of the first things I built when I got my RIS. Naively I tweaked and tweaked my contraption, trying to make it into a reliable navigation mechanism for my robot. :-) Since then I have stopped believing in the utility of the South (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) Another one from Claude Baumann and his team, applied to robotics: (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: South Pointing Chariot ca.2003

(...) Granted it's not foolproof, it only gives a relative heading. You'll easily be pointed the wrong direction if the wheels slip or loose contact with the ground. Nowadays we would be better off to use a compass sensor or GPS which gives an (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)