 Technic / 11234
Re: new covering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 06:38:32 GMT

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message
news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALBLJBEDGELNFEAA.rhempel@bmts.com...
DL
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/NewCovering/bushwithplate1x1_covering.jpg

That is COOL!. Now of course, bending it into an airfil would be
interesting...:-)

thanx

yeah!
i thought about shaping wings
if lego would do panels like that
the gliders would rise as mushrooms or so :)))

Seriously, this is a very neat way of getting a covered look to a model
without losing the look of transparency.

absolutelly!!!
it could work perfectly ok
(they can be transparent or not)

Have you actually made any
of these panels?

sure
i'll put some shots today on the brickshelf

Doea the stud locking work even with very thin
plastic?

i think it could be as thin as a shopping bag
you know them from the supermarkets
they are very thin
but the stud inlet should be then enhanced with the other (stronger plastic)

I think that you would be restricted in the number of shapes you could
acheive becasue compound bends might be a bit tricky.

i think ther is many many shapes we can get
i'll do some today after work
so you will get some photo tommorow (i hope)
but today i'll do some pictures

br pixel