 Technic / 10855
10854  |  10856
Subject:
YogiCub Rover
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:02:30 GMT

Hi all,

With BrickVista up and running smoothly, (fixing the odd link, and typo here and
there) I thought I would tell you about the first LEGO creation on the site -
YogiCub

YogiCub is a LEGO Rover powered by a Mindstorms 2.0 RCX. YogiCub implements the
same engineering principals as used by NASA in their Microrovers (Sojourner) and
the newer MER class of rover, Sprit, and Opportunity. While YogiCub is really a
‘proof of concept’ there are many things that I found interesting during the
design and build process that I would like to share with you.

Take some time to check out YogiCub’s story, building notes, and field trials –
http://www.magneticpie.com/LEGO/models/yogiCub/yogiCubHome.html#Home

LDraw model, and QTVR downloads here
http://www.magneticpie.com/LEGO/models/yogiCub/yogiCubSpecification.html#specification

Field trials, Steering and Mechanical Subsystem movie downloads here
http://www.magneticpie.com/LEGO/models/yogiCub/yogiCubSpecification.html#specification

Feedback welcome, and don’t forget to BrickVista.

Cheers

Tom Beattie