 Technic / 10852
Re: BrickVista web site launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:33:04 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Stehlik wrote:
Good job! You have put together an excellent site. The renderings are beautiful
and you have provided a lot of technical information. I like how you showed your
inspirations in a side bar. Thanks for the links to my page.

Thanks Rob. If I remember rightly it was stumbling across your 4x4 articulated
Rover which sparked my interest in developing a LEGO Rover. I liked the way you
mechanically ‘articulated’ wheel position to mimic the type of movement found in
Sojourner.

Have you seen Joe Nagata MOC which seems to have similar capabilities
http://member.nifty.ne.jp/mindstorms/gallery/k081e.html

You should check out Miguel Agullo’s Rover – Differtimento.
http://www.geocities.com/technicpuppy/diffmnt/dftindex.html

It has a similar steering style but is mechanically quite different. It uses a
skid steer approach. We were discussing the merits of calling this type of Rover
steering as "differential driven skid steerers", or perhaps "differential
steerers" or even  "articulated differential steering" rovers after your
‘articulated‘ 4x4. I preferred "articulated differential steering". Any
thoughts?

I think the university is going to yank my site soon. I have it up on
a friends server here: http://sparky.i989.net/rstehlik/

Thanks Rob, I have adjusted the links to point to this new server.

All in all, great work!
Rob

Once again thanks for the feedback.

Cheers