 Technic / 1084
1083  |  1085
Subject:
Eulogy for small pneumatic cylinders (discontinued)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:13:43 GMT

I just orederd some more pneumatic parts form Shop at Home and discovered that
the small (1 1/4") pneumatic cylinders have been discontinued.  The full
implications of that haven't quite hit me yet, but I'm sure that this is an
unfortunate turn of events.

Those little cyliders were just the right size to switch pneumatic valves.  I
have four of them and I put them all to work in the control circuits of my
pneumatic ant.  Those little cylinders changed Lego pneumatics from simply
useful actuators to a complete automatic control system. They're also good for
small actuators with quick response time.  Just as lots of people seem to be
discovering the many uses of pneumatic Lego the variety of elements is
decreaseing.

Does anybody know and details of the cancellation of the small cylinders?
Anyone happen to have a large stash of them stored away?  Is there a
replacement for this most useful of pneumatic elements in the works?  Why...
WHY!?