 Technic / 1081
1080  |  1082
Subject:
1/2 volume supercar II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 01:14:01 GMT

1/2 volume, not length!

I thought that the amount of empty space in the supercarII was just insulting
to the compressive qualities of technic design. I set out to build, originaly,
a scaled down, fully functional version using the tyres from eg, the RIS, indy
storm, that other red F1 car. These were a bit small though, so I swapped them
for the wheels from the air claw rig (sorry no numbers!), which are actually a
bit big, but it gives a nice rugged look. The finished model is about 30cm
long and includes all the functions of the original (with better convertable
roof) eg - independent suspension, rear wheel, six-speed drive, a V4 engine (8
just looked stupid). All driven by an old 9v motor, using a similar styling -
all the panels are used. And now the bad news.... No pictures! Yet. I don't
actually have a working camera, but am getting my fingers on a digital camera
in a day or two. I shall also post pictures of my other current project; a 2
legged pneumatic walker, using pneumatic logic to move the legs in sequence
and shift weight. This is proving _slightly more tricky than the car_ but it
will work someday, I can FEEL it!

I know it's probably bad form to come to show and tell with nothing to show,
but I had to tell _someone_ (all my flatmates think a 19 year old playing with
lego is a bit weird) so hang on just a second for some pics.......

Tom Newsom