 Technic / 10803
    Re: LEGO design patterns... you know, there's a book in that, I'm sure of it! —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) No, you're spot on. Gears and chain drives are both viable ways of transmitting power... but the real trick is to know when each one is a good choice, It's not even enough just to say "chains are good for bikes and gears are good for cars".... (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: LEGO design patterns... you know, there's a book in that, I'm sure of it! —Ross Crawford
   (...) LOL actually most (all?) Harleys are belt drive. When is belt drive a better option? But I agree a compendium of such "secrets" would be a good thing. But it'd take a lot of time & effort to compile, and that's after you've taken the abstract (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)