 Technic / 1044
StarCraft: Terran Marine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:58:37 GMT

I built a Terran Marine out of Lego. It is about the size of an average Lego
Technic figure, although it uses to head of a Lego minifigure. I even built a
Gauss Rifle for the Marine.

I can also give him a flame thrower and back-pack mounted propane tanks quite
easily, morphing him into a Terran Firebat.

Credit goes to Karim Nassar. The design is basically his:
http://www.etymon.org/kn/pallas/Products/fu.html
My Terran Marine's legs came from Karim's MI-88 "Lightfoot." The upper chest
and arms I've heavily modified, however.

I've also started working on a Zerg Hydralisk. Alas, this is very hard to do,
as ABS lacks the "organic" look that all Zerg units have.

Has anybody else built any StarCraft units? I'd like to compare sizes. =)

Pictures coming soon, however. (I need to invest in a digital camera!)

Drew Lawrence