 Technic / 10233
  Vertical lift spans (was: Re: drawbridge

Not sure where to chime in, so I'll jump in here. Regarding the lifting of vertical lift spans: I've built many of these over the years and my latest version (yet to be published on the internet) takes advantage of an engineering survey done on one (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vertical lift spans (was: Re: drawbridge

(...) OK, this is similar, but first take a walk down to the local auto repair shop and see if you can look at a 'cats cradle' type auto hoist. Here is my description. It involves one string to lift one end of the span and another string, which is (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vertical lift spans (was: Re: drawbridge

Well put Ben. I have seen Ben's steel bridge (and helped re-rig the cables to the pulleys after a minor anomaly), and I can attest that it is truely one of the finest LEGO bridges in the AFOL community, or in the world for that matter. It is very (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)