 Technic / 10134
  Re: Lego solar car

I'd say you're doing well already : ) Look's very light. You might want to use the same wheel as you have in the front in the last 2 pictures for all your wheels. Those wide semi-pnuematic one's have good grip, but they'll suck-up precious watts in (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego solar car

Though worm gears are okay for gearing down, they're bad for friction, so in this case I'd stay away from them. Also check out this page on the charateristics of various Lego motors: (URL) for wheels, larger wheels have lower rolling friction, but (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego solar car

Ahh, thanks guys. I've tried larger wheels, and even though they look funny, they work the best- a lot better, even now in late afternoon. And I've added more torque using a larger gear, which makes it more powerful. (URL) digital camera movie (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)