 Technic / *9791 (-10)
  Re: How bad do your hands hurt?

(...) Since I work on a computer keyboard during the day, and often have Lego building sessions that last eight or ten hours, I can totally identify with you. My best suggestion: Ice down your hands after long building sessions. I just put some ice (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  How bad do your hands hurt?

I gotta ask, who else deals with the hand and finger stress from long building projects. I know it's a common ailment that we all deal with. I mean who hasn't cut, scratched or abraised themselves while building Lego. Man, I was building all day (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - Mission One Completed - Right Arm

(URL) also <set:5110_2> - David (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Jamocklaquat - Mission One Completed - Right Arm

Hand, Wrist, Elbow, Arm Tun, Upper Arm Pivot, Upper Arm Rotate. 2 RCX work in harmony to control the Arm. No sensors to protect it'self, it's all hands on. Jamocklaquat Click on the Arm Pix (URL) on Brickshelf (after moderation) (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) It is currently only the boom base section and a hammerhead top section. They total just under 1 meter. I used beams for the chords(the vertical members at the corners), they are joined with a tile and plate sandwiching the beams. The beams (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  BobCat's Big Brother

While dismantling my interpretation of Jennifer Clark's BobCat ((URL) and the Lego Front End Loader ((URL) I noticed that the wheels and bucket from the BobCat were the same relative dimensions as those from the FE-Loader - the concept of "BobCat's (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) Thanks! (...) This crane was based on typical marine pedestal-mounted cranes of the 400~600 ton variety. I incorporated characteristics of the real cranes into my model, but at no particular scale. You will find cranes like this mounted on the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest

(...) Yep, that is pretty amazing. Got any pics? How long is the structure, how is it constructed? The problem, or rather potential problem, with a Lego truss is that failure is catastrophic (and I speak from experience here). You'll have one joint (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:Gzu9oo.MBx@lugnet.com... (...) know (...) It's a funny thing that, I wasn't aware of this set either until I had the skip truck at Tony Priestman's fest last year and someone had the set for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Yet Another Technic Creation

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) one (...) I hadn't seen that before, from what I can see of it it looks great! Jennifer (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact