 Technic / *18316 (-20)
  Power Functions

Hi all, I am surprised that there isn't more discussion on this topic. LEGO introduces a new electrical system, there is some hype for a few months before it comes out and then that's it. No one seems to be discussing it, doesn't anyone have any (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions presentation

(...) Hello David, It is OK (driver IC is thermally protected), but not recommanded. Only one XL motor can absorb more current than the dirver inside IR receiver is able to provide (800mA)... But why not if they are lightly loaded. There are some (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I'll second this request for something other than vehicles. There are heaps of interesting machines out there that don't have wheels. Personally I've always wanted a working Lego Jacquard Loom. (...) Hear hear! Cheers Tim. (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

Here are a few of my ideas: robotic arm (advanced version of set #8094) carnival rides (set #4957 is a good start) areal cable car (similar to the one in idea book #8889) remote controlled hovercraft (could be moving around on wheels) airplane with (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) Hi Kelly, thanks for dropping in. I didn't vote becasue i would buy anything. I deliberate on aspects such as parts and colour availability but the end result is a purchase. Even if it contains blue axle pins. I think you should produce all (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions presentation

(...) Hi Philo, Thanks for updating your site. It is a great resource! I was wondering if you have any data on the IR receivers that come with the power functions in terms of current handling capacity (for example, is it OK to wire multiple XL (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) Great idea! You could even go for an unusual loco, like a (URL) Hagan's linkage>. ROSCO (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) According to what I have been reading so far, people need many realistic functions on their models. I am of the same view. Many have also expressed a wish of a cross-theme type of model (i.e. space shuttle). the space shuttle was great because (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I think the idea of models that perform some direct mechanical function is a good one. As a child, I remember being immensely pleased with the "fan" I built from (URL) - it was just powered by a hand crank. That example is hardly as (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) This, of course, is great idea, but these days we come to except such things from Brian. I've got to believe that some simple modules could be priced very affordably, perhaps in the $15-$30 range. More complex ones, of course, could be priced (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

Hi, I've never been a big Technic fan, but I've bought a few sets over the years and my next major LEGO purchase will probably be that big yellow RC bulldozer. I've always been interested in incorprating technic elements into minifig scale (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2008 Technic Sets..

(...) I agree that IF this was all that is going to be release next year then I would be very dissapointed. However this happens every year. First we see the sets to be released in the first quater, which are the sets that you have posted here (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  2008 Technic Sets..

(URL) this is all that LEGO is releasing for 2008 I have to say that I am disappointed. (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I think we've gone very far beyond the "vote for some of these stock models" point of the original post, but as long as we've gone there... <grin>... I would love to see an "assembly line" style Technic series (each kit does something on it's (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) For me the new bulldozer marks a return to some studded building, which in my opinion is welcomed. So far there have been some good suggestions. What about some process line plant, that would manipulate a object on a conveyer and maybe put it (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JpHqA1.FM@lugnet.com... (...) Excellent. You saved me the trouble of tearing my PF set apart when it arrives! -Rob www.brickmodder.net www.lifelites.com (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Power Functions presentation

I have updated my website with a presentation of the new Power Functions system, including: # Overview of Power Functions range # Description of working # Comparison with older 9V mini-motors # LDraw and LeoCAD part files (URL) motors comparison (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

Well, I would buy all the sets in Polls 2, 3, & 4. But want I REALLY want to see from Technic is a return to the original Technic BRICK construction system - no more silly beams without studs Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) OK - voted for my favs! I chose construction vehicles with cranes and excavators having most favored status. I hope whatever the ultimate selections are, that more studded beams and less panels will be utilized ala the Technic Shuttle set: (2 (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Wonderful design tidbits PDF - anybody else impressed?

(...) Don't let Brian's and Philo's understatements lead you to believe that this book, a collection of hundreds of ultra-high quality photos arranged in a stunningly simple succession of nearly uniform page layouts, is anything but the finest (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact