 Technic / *17861 (-5)
  Re: What's the difference?

"Maico Arts" <lego@t-hok.nl> wrote in message news:JADAwy.296@lugnet.com... (...) This "splitter" may well occur in the differential. When the lever on the shifter is changed the differential shifts gears giving a lower or higher ratio to the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the difference?

Hello Steve, I would explain it like this: A gearbox with 4 gears forward plus 1 reverse with range change will give 4 lower gears and 4 upper gears, thus giving 8 gears forward. The splitter makes it possible to split these 8 gears when the truck (...) (18 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  What's the difference?

Between a splitter and a range change on a truck gearbox? I know what the difference is functionally, what I want to know is the mechanical difference. I've tried Google without much luck. Thanks. Steve (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amazing new part!

(...) Cant wait for next Christmas... Steve (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Amazing new part!

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote: I will be (...) Try never. That would be both brilliant and invaluable, which is why it will never happen. I hope to be proved wrong. Steve the pessimist. (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact