 Technic / *14181 (-20)
  Part colors?

Hi, I got my 8455 Backhoe out of the box yesterday. What puzzled me were strange colors of some parts. In older Technic sets, some colors were tied to parts, for example 32002 (technic pin 3/4) was always DkGray. Now it seems that all odd lengths (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Official: MINDSTORMS is not going away

(URL) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: 1:18 scale BMW M5 Sedan

Ever since winning a pen at Brickswest two years ago, I've wanted to use the round segments in a MOC. Last semester, I finally got around to Brasso-ing off the letters. I also found a bunch of pictures of BMWs, the perfect car for a bunch of round (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Hi Mark, I would agree with Jürgen. It seems to be a reasonable definition and a good way to further distinguish between to very similar classes of parts that may have uses that are unique to their own classes. I also found this ooold post (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Dear All, Recently I have received the following answer from LEGO: "Dear Mr. Schlei, We have no plans of discontinuing the production and sales of LEGO Mindstorms and LEGO Technic products. On the contrary, we consider these products core (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

(...) I'm sorry, I missed that one when I audited the inventory. I guess that's the only part in the set not currently authored. I don't have that part otherwise I'd make it for you. Maybe someone else can? -Orion (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

(...) Hi Orion, When I try to look for part 4267 (the big tyres) in the parts tracker, I get this: "Library subdirectory must be included in the filename" I tried it with another more common part and it worked. (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

(...) All the parts for 8868 are available either as official files or on the Parts Tracker: (URL) of the parts for 8862 are not available. As far as modelling the hoses there are 3 resources available: LDraw Design Pad's Bendible Object Generator (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Technica

That site rocked. Glad to have it back! (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Has anyone ever attempted to do a LDRAW of 8868 compressor truck?

Because I saw none on brickshelf. Does such a ldraw model exist yet? I saw plenty of supercars and old technic sets but no 8868 or 8862. If not, I may attempt to create a ldraw file of the 8868 truck once I get started with the ldraw utilies. The (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

Lego haven't said they are dropping it. Some journalist suffering from premature extrapolation decided thats what Lego's original statement meant. (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

"Juergen Stuber" <stuber@loria.fr> wrote in message news:861xq5i9ys.fsf@loria.fr... (...) studs on it as a liftarm. Parts like x200, 2825, 32348 and even 32482. I don't think TLC thought out how the naming was going to work when designing the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) What about RC cars, racers, spybots and all that super-specialized stuff? -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark Tarrabain wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Spybotics? They are listed on a separate page from Mindstorms on the S@H website. Lots of big, expensive products with little building flexibility just sitting there on the shelves... (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Okay, then when LEGO said they would be dropping their electronics and movie tie in products, exactly what did they mean by "electronics" then? Mindstorms has been, afaik, LEGO's chief electronic product recently. We have two apparently (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Dear John, Have you seen Jake McKee's statement? "... Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as consumers gain new technology knowledge and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

I wrote Michael Anderson (firmware guru at TLC) expressing my concerns about the future of Mindstorms based on the recent press regarding TLC's financial woes. I asked him if he could reassure me. He said, "there are some very interesting projects (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) If TLC is trying to control costs and return to profitability, they will want to cut products that have a bad profit margin for them. This would likely include Star Wars and Harry Potter on the basis of licensing fees and specialized part (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Thanks, that explains where it comes from. So liftarms should be those which have axle holes at the end, otherwise it'll be hard to lift things with them, right? Jürgen (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) I only know one language, so you are way ahead of me. :) (...) I understand completely. And agree totally. (...) I think we were sort of saying the same thing... just using different words. :) All the best, Allan B. (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact