 Technic / *14161 (-20)
  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:HrC4AA.1JKr@lugnet.com... (...) i'm sorry my english is weak i know i meant to ask rhetoric what for TLC released FT in a shape which cannot be recognized as FT :) (...) holy (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

let's don't make things worse than they really are if we think "the core" is brick and nothing more then we should think TLC will stop producting plates which is stupid so IMO technic is a patr of "core" the same with liftarms (studless beams) "the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Good link... thanks! For some reason (in my little brain) those are the only ones I call liftarms. And for the triangles, I use the nickname 'hanger' since they sort of look like clothes hangers... well, at least to me. (...) Not a problem. :) (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) <set:5280> Thanks for a very interesting post, - David (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

In lugnet.technic, Jim Hughes wrote: <snip> (...) Thank you Jim! I figured you'd reappear some day :-) Thanks to Clark as well! I'm happy to see Technica online again. best, TJ (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Truck MOC

Hi All, I built this truck after seeing an advertisement on tv for a trucking company. Deep Link: (URL) model features: +Easy step down gas tank... view: (URL) +Fifth wheel with electrical attachments and guage and rear windows with lights... view: (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

Hello Jim, That's great news! I really missed Technica, especially its perfectly photographed parts... By the way, a short tutorial on your method for part shooting/image preparation would be a great addition to your site! Thanks for your efforts, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

Well before I even take a look at it "A GREAT BIG THANKS", I have been following broken links to the old sit for several months now since I got back into Lego. Just prepare for a lot of heavy bandwidth usage LOL. Again many thanks, Gaz. "Allan (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

"Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message news:HrCCrt.1A8G@lugnet.com... (...) products, (...) in (...) change, (...) a part (...) that it's (...) returning to. (...) days' (...) it; I (...) Well all I can say is that, if (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

(...) results of your hard work. Thanks for this good news. All the best, Allan B. (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) SNIP (...) Technic is a theme of semi-specialized pieces, but they're so widely used in other themes now (racers, Star Wars, etc.) they've become an extension of standard elements, so I doubt Technic is leaving. the theme name may change, but (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Truck MOC

Hi All, I built this truck after seeing an advertisement on tv for a trucking company. Deep Link: (URL) model features: +Easy step down gas tank... view: (URL) +Fifth wheel with electrical attachments and guage and rear windows with lights... view: (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

Sorry: Try this: ***...*** Clark's Visual Parts Helper: (URL) Technica: (URL) ***...*** --Jim jhughes at fuse dot net (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Technica

Technica I will admit that I have been out of the loop for the last year and it wasnt until I did a recent Lugnet search that I realized how many inquiries for the site there had been. Your previous support and interest in Technica has been (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) Adrian... thanks for the links. It certainly seems as though there might have been some real world inspiration for this model afterall. But as I've noted elsewhere in the thread, I think that a more traditional airport rescue vehicle might (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) Very true. Yes, I knew it was an ARFF, but I guess I figured that since this was LEGO's first foray into that particular sub-genre of fire/rescue vehicles, that they might stick to something a little more traditional looking: (URL) (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) I wondered if it had been discussed on rec.toys.lego at some point. This was the earliest posting where someone asked if this should be the name or not. It's from about 6 1/2 years ago. (URL) (a) There didn't seem to be a consensus, and yet... (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Will the educational arm of Technic and Mindstorms continue, at least?

In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote: -snip->> But has there been any official word on whether or not at least the (...) Before TLC drops the educational division, there's the question of what will happen to FLL which has grown rapidly not only (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  A possible use for those Bionicle Kraata slug things

We all bought set 8580 for the trans-black jars, right? I know I did. However, not having a use for that dorky Kraata... thing just bugged me. Therefore I present to you The Krats: (2 URLs) If you thought JarJar was bad, wait until you see a group (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) What is a liftarm anyway? My dictionaries don't know it, and I never heard of it outside of the LEGO technic context. Jürgen "old fogie" (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact