 Storage / 959
Re: Wow. I own a House. It has a Basement. I see a monster LEGO setup in my future
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 04:53:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Boucher writes:
What do you suggest for 'tables'.  Is there anything cool like a big roll of
gray plastic with LEGO brand or compatible connections on it I could roll
across to make my Asteroid Base?

Any suggestions for tables?

My dream setup for a Lego room would have a large permanent wood table in the
shape of the letter 'U'  The width would be 3 or 3 1/2 baseplates across (the
32 x 32 stud variety).  The edges would have a slight upward lip to hold the
baseplates in place.  The height would be comfortable to work at sitting in an
office-type chair with wheels.  Also, there would be drawers immediately under
the table top of dimensions about 24 x 18 x 4 inches in depth for storing Lego
elements.  For additional space, removeable leaves would be available to fill
in the open space of the 'U' shape.

Additionally, on at least one wall of my ultimate Lego room would be a
stationary bench with removable drawers or bins to hold Lego pieces.  Above the
bench would be glass-enclosed shelves for holding completed Lego creations.
Lastly, plenty of shelf storage space for all of my Lego boxes, and file
drawers for Lego building instructions and catalogs.  A top-quality stereo
system and computer work station would be needed, also.  And one of those
expensive air purifier machines to eliminate dust, and plenty of overhead
lighting for those late-night building sessions.

I figure the size of the room should be about 24 by 36 feet.

That would be MY ideal Lego building room.  Don't know if that gives you any
ideas or not.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego brick enthusiast for over 20 years....

XFUT:: lugnet.storage

.