 Storage / 955
Re: A difficult task...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:51:59 GMT

In lugnet.build, Joel Dobbins writes:
Hi, me again..

I'm going to attempt the difficult task of sorting my collection..

where do I start?
how do I sort?
what goes where?

please respond..

<<Joel Dobbins>>

It's all a matter of choice. Your choice. I've found that as my collection
expands, my sub-catagorization has grown too. Exponentially.

I sort brick out first. Some do it by color, some by size. I do color. I
used to have regular brick and plate in the same containers, then I realized
fairly recently (about 2 years ago) that this wasn't the best idea.
I had long sorted out my smaller plates (1x1-4's and 2x2-4's), but then I've
even gone to color sorting on some of them.
unique specialty pieces have always been sorted out into little nuts and
bolts drawers, but some of the numbers of them have force me to do shoe-box
type containers over time.

I could go on and on. The real test of what to do is what works best for
you. If you think all your red pieces no matter what they are go in one
container, then by all means do so. In essence, do what your sensibilities
tell you what you can find when you need it. Because, Lego is about having
fun building, not spending weeks sorting, (and beleive me, it can seem that
way from time to time).

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****