 Storage / 705
Re: Cleaning white parts that are yellowed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 03:46:45 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
Well after testing this a couple of times (and thanks to Klaas Meijaard for
bringing it to my attention) here's what I found to be an excellent way to
get those yellowed white parts to look as new again...

A chloride solution (I used a product called Glorix, which is simply a
chloride solution with some added chemicals)

For those Americans (and possibly others) who may not have much knowledge of
chemistry, Jan-Albert is talking about bleach (though my bottle of bleach is
only a 5% solution, not the 30% Jan-Albert mentions - which probably explains
why Cary Clark has said it takes several weeks for parts to return to being
white).

Frank