 Storage / 699
Re: Simple sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:35:39 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Jeff Shiner writes:
In lugnet.storage, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
Ooohh no there are too many to fit!!
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. the fully anal and out of space AGAIN newbie simple
sorter for non Technic

Ahhh... then it has begun :-)   Somewhat like a computer program Lego seems
to grow to fill all available space forcing you to get more storage.
Sorting this Lego can be a joy or a chore or simply not done at all.
Personally I enjoy sorting Lego.  I often take a bunch of it to work and
sort it there as my machine boots up or my VAJava compiles.  I find it
relaxing and fairly mindless.  To give you and idea of where you MAY be
headed... here are a couple of pictures of what my Lego has done to my
basement.  (Note that there are mostly non-technic bricks)

Smaller quantities are associated and placed in bins.
http://home.primus.ca/~shiner/images/lego6.jpg

Larger quantities like basic-bricks, plates, slopes and such get a tub.
http://home.primus.ca/~shiner/images/lego_5.jpg

Finally... unsorted deboxed Lego are put in the "waiting-to-sort" pile.
http://home.primus.ca/~shiner/images/lego4.jpg

BTW... any guess where I got the red buckets from :-)
Enjoy,
- Jeff

p.s.  my apologies for the fuzzy pictures but my digital camera is cheap

My one real new years resolution is to sort the hundreds of sets I've
acquired over the last year. I haven't found time to sort anything this past
year. it is true; my collection has grown to fill the volume of available
space, the whole house.

*Sigh,* back to work.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****