 Storage / 589
Re: Sorting and Creativity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:40:38 GMT

From: "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com>

Unfortunately, it is impossible to come up with a perfect hierarchy because
the dimensionality of LEGO morphology is too high. Well, you could order the
parts by weight, but you'd probably never be able to find a given whatsit then
(gee is the whatsit about the weight of a 1x1 brick or is it the weight of a
1x2 tile, no wait, it's made of the softer plastic, and it's much thinner than
a normal part, so it must be about the weight of a 1x1 plate).

Frank

Well, I have been looking at the heiarchy Todd uses in AUCZILLA.

Brick height. Rectangle.  Non-Rectangle. Modified Brick.

Plate height.  Rectangle.  Non-Rectangle. Modified plate.

Tile. Rectangle.  Non-Rectangle. Modified Tile.

Animal.

Plant.

Minifig and minifig accessories.

Baseplates.