 Storage / 522
Re: Storage for the storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Mark R. Nusekabel writes:
I use Plano and TackleLogic tackle boxes to store my Lego Technic pieces.
Since I have small children, I am always putting them away and getting them
out, often carrying them up and down stairs, etc.  And, I have (fortunately)
reached a point where I have too many tackle boxes to easily carry at once.

So, I am now looking for something to carry the tackle boxes in (storage for
the storage).  My current plan is to use a simple duffle bag.  I found one at
Target for about $25 that looks like it will hold about 12 tackle boxes.

However, I can't help but wonder if someone else has had this problem and
perhaps found a different solution that I should consider...

Any thoughts?

Plastic file crates that hold legal size file folders will hold all Plano
37xx storage boxes and probably the comparably sized TackleLogic boxes.  The
crates stack securely on top of each other by nesting the grooved bottom
into a slotted top rim.  Mine stack up to 6 crates high until too tall to reach.

The TackleLogic boxes offer a front handle for easy pulling from a full
crate of boxes.  The Plano boxes do not have a handle, so you should leave
some extra space in the crate to allow your fingers to fit between the boxes
and grab a box to pull it out.

When you build you can turn the crates on their sides and slide them under
your table.

Best prices at discount stores, not office supply stores.  WalMart sells
them for $3.  Big Lots sells them for $2 when they have them.

Miles Gentry