 Storage / 485
RE: New storage box at Wal mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:47:48 GMT

I found a new Plano type storage box at Walmart, called Travel Logic (maybe
owned by Plano). It has three compartments and the front one is half the
size of the box. This allows for larger (width and length) compartments. The
other two compartments have 12-14 compartment separations.

I'm not sure about Travel Logic and Plano. I have not been inside a WalMart
or similar store in months (it's part of my ongoing 12-step program...)

I went to the <http://www.planomolding.com> website. I don't have cable
modem or DSL access up here in the frozen north, so I browse with graphics
off. The site is almost unusable...

Then I searched <http://www.google.com> for Travel Logic, and came up with this
beauty... <http://www.alloutdoors.com/newgear/gearreviews/> check out the
date in the top right corner....where are the editors when you need them!

The one box I have found useful for portable robotics or an emergency
LEGO stash that lets you store a reasonable sized model is at:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/storage/Plano1258.html>

I've read some posts about Plano dividers coming out. I have found that when
you slide the dividers in, squeeze (in) the sides of the main compartment so
that the slider ends are well seated in the slot. I have never had them slip
out on me.

Me either, but then again, plastic is plastic, and may change from batch
to batch. I have found that running a SMALL bead of hotmelt in the groove
will take up any dead space and produce a tight fit. You can always remove
the divider again if you pull hard enough, and the hotmelt will break off.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com