 Storage / 341
    Dremel on plastic? —Johannes Keukelaar
   Hello all, I've found a reasonable storage solution for my technic bits. At the local handyman store (Clas Ohlsson here in Stockholm), they have boxes with various size compartments that can be closed and locked. I think they are made by Raaco. All (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.storage)

        RE: Dremel on plastic? —Ralph Hempel
     (...) See my web page on "cutting" soft plastic boxes with a soldering iron. You have to go slowly, but the resulting cut is much better than with a dremel tool. I know, I've tried almost all methods. (URL) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Dremel on plastic? —Johannes Keukelaar
      //> //> My thought was that I could buy boxes with small compartments and take //> out some walls here and there to make compartments of the sizes that I //> want. The box appears to be made out of plastic, but cutting the plastic //> with a knife (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.storage)

         RE: Dremel on plastic? —Terry King
     Re: Cutting with Heat.... Another faster, higher-power, easier to screw up with approach is to use the 'old' Weller type "soldering gun" which uses a resistance-heated copper tip. You can replace the usual tip with a 3 or 4 inch long piece of #16 to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Dremel on plastic? —Eelco Kooiker
    (...) YES. I have a Dremel too and with it's tools you can do such things very good. You can make surfaces very smooth so it looks like it's made in this form. I recently have made a "empty" 2x4 brick so the electric for a homemade sensor fits in (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)