 Storage / 342
RE: Dremel on plastic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:02:27 GMT

My thought was that I could buy boxes with small compartments and take
out some walls here and there to make compartments of the sizes that I
want. The box appears to be made out of plastic, but cutting the plastic
with a knife causes it to shatter. It does appear to melt, but my
soldering iron is not very good.

See my web page on "cutting" soft plastic boxes with a soldering iron. You
have to go slowly, but the resulting cut is much better than with a dremel
tool. I know, I've tried almost all methods.

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/storage/index.html>

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>