 Storage / 1495
1494  |  1496
Subject:
Cleaned up the LEGO room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:54:36 GMT

This weekend I finally got around to cleaning up my LEGO room, it has been such
a disaster for the past few months and has made it hard to do any building.

It's not a very large room and I have to share part of it with my wife's "scrap
booking/sewing" table (I've learn to pick and choose my battles).

My sorting scheme is fairly straight forward. I sort my basic bricks into colors
and then divide the colors into 1x bricks in one drawer and the others of the
color into the other drawer. My plates I sort by size, 1x1,1x2,1x3,1x4 are all
sorted into the large tilt bins, then I keep the 2x2,2x3,2x4 in one drawer, all
other 2x in a different drawer. This goes on for the rest of the plates.

Other large quanity items such as wheels, windows, doors, arches get their own
drawer. Slopes are divided into 33 slopes, 33 inverted, 45 slopes and 45
inverted. Then another drawer for misc. slopes.

Once things get smaller I keep them in the tilt bins. It's a very fluid system
depending on what piece I have in what quanities.

Also as you can see from the pictures I have large amounts of "to be sorted"
bricks in 12 gallon tubs. Some day I'll get around to sorting them...but my kids
seem to unsort as fast as I sort. So the circle of life continues in the LEGO
room :)

jt