 Storage / 1414
1413  |  1415
Subject:
Gotta Love Ikea....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:54:03 GMT

I just recently moved into a new place, as a result I have had to re-do my Lego Storage system, I purchasd a series of IVAR shelving units which are great for Lego and Rubbermaid bins.

I use 5 shelves per rack The first shelf is about 5 inches off of the ground to allow for 2 bins to slide underneeth, above the Bins I have room for Plano tackle boxes (which still ned some originization...)

The first two shots are of my brick,

The first row of bins contains 1 - 2 bins each of Tan (1), Dk Gray (1), Light Grey (2), Brown(1), Trans and Log bricks(1) and Green (2) The second Row of Bins holds Black Bricks and the last Row is Red bricks, Each bin from top to bottom contains the following brick. 1 x 1 and 2 x 2 corner, 1 x 2, 1 x 3, 1 x 4, 2 x 2, 2 x 3, 2 x 4 and the blttom bin holds 1 x 6(+) and 2 x 6(+) bricks On the top of the rack, I have Plano tackle boxes containg the appropiate plates for the bins below (I still have to organize these)..

The second image contains Blue bricks (in the red container), Yellow Bricks in the Blue containers with a yellow label, and White bricks in the last row.

The third Image Contains three different sizes of Clear Rubbermaid containers, The smaller tow sizes fit four wide within a shelf, the Larger ones fit three Wide. This bins contain a lot of assorted parts, i.e. plants, Minifig Heads, Bodies, and Legs all have there own bin. (I can take some closer shots if anyone wants me to.)

On the next wall I have a set of 4 foot Ivar shelves The first rack holds Train Track and Wings (1st shelf) Baseplates, Catalogs that still need to be sorted (2nd shelf) Some Brick that I need to sort out (3rd shelf) and a bit of a mess on the top :)

The next rac, contains binders containing my instruction scans (The wooden pullout drawer) (bottom) A series of parts bins containing modified bricks and plates, Technic, Hinges and grab arms.

IVAR also sells a media rack that we were not going to use in our place, however this rack is about 20 studs wide, which works really good for 2 sets of tracks at on two levels (I still need to raise the back row above the front)

Below that is my building table, which has part of our current trail layout on it, as well as the rest of it under the table.

The last two shots are from the top shelf of the closet, which contains some of the sets that I have not opened yet :)

Here is a linf for all of the pics... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=80859

Let me know what you think. Jeff VW